EP5 - PR For Your Fashion Brand With Susset CabreraMar 12, 2019
PR for Your Fashion Brand | FastTrack Your Fashion Brand Podcast
Press equals visibility for any fashion business.
Getting your products into the pages of a magazine to having your garments worn on the red carpet with a big celeb can be a breakthrough moment for fashion brands.
But how do you get the attention of editors and the media if you are just starting out?
In this FastTrack Your Fashion Brand Episode, I sit down with my personal fashion publicist, Susset Cabrera to talk about how to plan, curate, and create Press Releases that catch the eyes of editors, media channels and magazines.
Before you waste a lot of time and effort trying to get press, make sure to listen to this episode.
Susset breaks down:
what you need to include in your media kits
how to make fashion PR connections
how to create a press release that stands out.
- 07:00-08:13 - When is the right time to do PR? Do you already have something buzzworthy? Susset talks about timing and what gets the interest of editors to make them write about you or your fashion brand.
- 08:14-10:50 - On Press, PR plans, and kits. Nicole and Susset break down the elements and assets needed to create a strong Press Release whether you were to do it on your own or with a publicist.
- 11:14-12:45 - A Redbook success. Nicole on her experience with a PR that Nicolita did for Redbook magazine and how the efforts converted to sales and better publicity for Nicolita.
- 13:40-14:45 - The power of PR. Susset talks about an example of a successful PR base on client experience.
- 17:03-18:54 - Socials first. Susset on why it is important to create a good social media impression first before putting PR into action.
- 19:39-21:17 - Visuals play a huge role in PRs. Susset talks about why you should invest in a professional photographer for your brand.
- 21:24-22:52 - Get your logo and business cards ready. Nicole and Susset discuss having your professional logo, business card, and stamps ready as a part of your PR plan.
- 23: 36-25:18 - Susset on how to make catchy and powerful PRs that hook and impress editors.
- 26:19-27:29 - PR for your personal brand. Susset shares tips on how to do personal brand PR for fashion designers.
- 28:03-32:22 - Nicole and Susset on doing a trade show. Making the most of PR efforts on your trade show.
- 34:36-37:00 - Nicole wraps up Episode 5 with a FastTrack Fashion Brand & Fashion Designer’s PR and Media Checklist [SEE RESOURCES]
CONNECT WITH ME
PODCAST FB GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/fasttrackyourfashionbrandpodcast
SUBMIT YOUR FASHION BIZ QUESTIONS: www.fashionbizmentor.com/breakthrough-coaching
SEE MY DESIGNS: www.mynicolita.com
THE SOLD OUT CHECKLIST FREE DOWNLOAD: https://bit.ly/FASHIONCHECKLIST
CONNECT WITH GUEST
LOVE OUR PODCAST?
Hey there FastTracker!
Want to know more about how to effectively scale your fashion biz? Let’s talk about PR, fashion, and more! Head over to iTunes, drop your feedback, and tell me about your PR plans!
Our guest list for upcoming shows keeps on getting better and better so make sure you are subscribed to the show! I'm adding more bonuses so if you are not subscribed you just might miss out. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
- Fasttrack Fashion Brand & Fashion Designer’s PR and Media Checklist
- Peacock Public Relations - https:www.ThinkPeacock.com
Join the Launch Your Line Challenge http://www.fashionbizmentor.com/