EP63 - Digital Fashion CEO Mistakes to Avoid with Nicole Di RoccoAug 21, 2021
Thinking of launching a digital product for your fashion brand? What is a digital product and how could that work for your physical product-based business?
All these questions and more in this episode! Don't miss this series! Listen now!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- The WHY behind creating a digital product for my swimwear business Nicolita
- The importance of connecting your brand vision with powerful brand messaging
- How you can create demand for your product without even selling it
- The advantage of being so connected to your brand messaging
- Why understanding who your customer is a major factor to your brand's success
- Why perfectionism will actually do your business more harm than good
4 Digital Fashion CEO Mistakes to AVOID and why:
- Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 1: Not having a the framework of your business
- Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 2: Not understanding who is your ideal customer is, what they’re doing that could possibly be enhanced with the digital product
- Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 3: Not niching down the product enough
- Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 4: Not launching until everything is perfect
[01:19] – The side of my business I have never shared ever
- Why I took my business online
- How I started to build my audience of Fashionpreneurs and Fast-Trackers, people that want to launch a brand or feel undiscovered
- All the struggles and all the frustrations that I had throughout the last 19 years
[01:51] – Running a business is a constant evolution of learning
- Just because you run a business for 19 years doesn't mean you know everything
[02:03] – Having a digital product: My first encounter with this new big idea
- I have a physical product business that’s why it always intrigued me how could I add this other revenue stream
- What is a digital product? “How could that work?”
[02:33] – Physical businesses are evolving especially through this pandemic. They pivot into:
- Digital experience
- Some type of membership
- For example, in the last episode:
- Lululemon - monthly memberships, on demand training classes
- Alo Moves – online training classes with instructors
[05:17] – My own “unintentional” version of a digital product
[05:57] – Digital Fashion CEO Mistake #1: Not having a the framework of your business
- Establish how your branding messaging all correlate together
- The more you know your brand messaging the more you talk about your products easily
- You will be able to create demand without even selling
[06:49] – The Sold-Out Launch Framework Exercise
- What is your signature story?
- Why did you start this business?
- What is over on the “Desire Island”?
- What exactly is your brand messaging?
[07:53] – My own signature story
[09:34] – Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 2: Not understanding who is your ideal customer is, what they’re doing that could possibly be enhanced with the digital product
- For instance, if you’re someone who’s selling a fly-fishing apparel
- You can create a digital product around fly fishing: Learning How to Fly Fish, How to Get Started as a Fly Fisherman, What Do You Need to Start Fly Fishing, etc.
[12:28] – What is transformation you want your customers to experience
[13:25] - Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 3: Not niching down the product enough
- Sell not only the product, but sell the lifestyle and the entire experience
[14:12] – Digital Fashion CEO Mistake # 4: Not launching until everything is perfect
- If you've been thinking about a product idea for a while, it's never going to be perfect
- When you are launching a digital product, even a new t-shirt or an entire brand, how are you going to know that it works or that it's successful if you haven't launched it yet?
[16:49] – Over to you
- If you’re someone who wants to start your own digital product and add another revenue stream or create a membership experience to your current product-based business, but not quite sure how those pieces fit or don’t even know yet what your niche is, click below!
CLICK TO JOIN the Digital Fashion CEO Insiders for upcoming episodes and trainings!
Bonus EP4a - How a Bikini Designer Manifested an Emmy Nomination with Nicole Di Rocco
CONNECT WITH ME
PODCAST FB GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/fasttrackyourfashionbrandpodcast
SUBMIT YOUR FASHION BIZ QUESTIONS: www.fashionbizmentor.com/breakthrough-coaching
SEE MY DESIGNS: www.mynicolita.com
THE SOLD OUT CHECKLIST FREE DOWNLOAD: https://bit.ly/FASHIONCHECKLIST
LOVE OUR PODCAST?
Hey there FastTracker!
You know how much I love ACTION TAKERS!!! So if anything on this episode inspired YOU or even lit a fire for YOU to take some action... I would LOVE to hear all about it!! Head on over to the podcast and leave a RATING + REVIEW. I read every single comment and feature listeners each week. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read.
Our guest list for upcoming shows keeps on getting better and better so make sure you are subscribed to the show! I'm adding more bonuses so if you are not subscribed you just might miss out. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Download this episode on iTunes