In this episode I breakdown my Top 5 lessons I learned while building my fashion brand, Nicolita Swimwear.
It’s exciting to share these lessons with you because while you listen to my journey, I guarantee that these lessons will either resonate or can be applied to your fashion business.
These five lessons have become some of my core values and beliefs about my business.
Looking forward to reading your responses to this episode in the iTunes comments.
- 00:01-06:49 - Nicole on facing fears, taking greater risks, and the stories behind her fashion biz journey.
- 06:50-07:21 - What’s your story? Just like other entrepreneur success stories, your story starts with an idea. Now what’s left to do is figuring out how you’ll take that idea and turn your vision into action.
- 07:27-11: 54 - A gift from grandma. For Nicole, her brand’s story began with an old sewing machine, some twenty pairs of pants, and a passion for creativity.
- 11:55-13:35 - Lesson number 1: listen to your own inner voice. Things are going to get louder and you need a tunnel vision to only focus on what matters the most to you -- in Nicole’s case, her big vision for a fashion biz brand.
- 14:08-16:18 - Lesson number 2: the power of a tangible sample. One tangible sample could launch your brand. Nicole shares about how a single physical sample brought her first thousand dollars from orders in just one hour.
- 17:53-19:12 - Lesson number 3: rinse and repeat. Figure out what works for you. Analyze and repeat.
- 21:18-24:45 - Nicolita swimwear line was born. Listen as Nicole talks about the start of a “no-pinch fit” brand idea.
- 26:05-28:36 - The Nicolita story and the inspirations behind it. The root of Nicolita’s Cuban 40’s and 50’s vibe.
- 31:05-32:05 - Lesson number 4: set your goals and visions. Have a clear vision of where you want your fashion biz in the next month, year, or decade. Visualize what you wanted and let it be your guide through your journey.
- 32:07-37:35- A Nordstrom story. Nicole on how she landed her dream customers, Nordstrom. Nicolita’s first orders across 5 Nordstrom stores: a mindblowing $20,000 sales.
- 38:00-40:00 - Production is a whole new ball game. Maximize everything.
- 43:12-47:11 - Lesson number 5: don’t get too caught up on PR. It is not everything. Press is not always equals revenue. Nicole discusses creating a balance on your brand’s PR efforts.
CONNECT WITH ME
PODCAST FB GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/fasttrackyourfashionbrandpodcast
SUBMIT YOUR FASHION BIZ QUESTIONS: www.fashionbizmentor.com/breakthrough-coaching
SEE MY DESIGNS: www.mynicolita.com
THE SOLD OUT CHECKLIST FREE DOWNLOAD: https://bit.ly/FASHIONCHECKLIST
LOVE OUR PODCAST?
You know how much I love ACTION TAKERS!!! So if anything on this episode inspired YOU or even lit a fire for YOU to take some action... I would LOVE to hear all about it!! Head on over to the podcast and leave a RATING + REVIEW. I read every single comment and feature listeners each week. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read.
Our guest list for upcoming shows keeps on getting better and better so make sure you are subscribed to the show! I'm adding more bonuses so if you are not subscribed you just might miss out. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Download this episode on iTunes
RETURN TO THE PODCAST EPISODE GUIDE